EXPLOSION by Archers Road

A student is being treated in hospital after an explosion on Silverdale Road. The explosion went off at around 7pm last night, supposedly caused by a homemade firework. An ambulance shortly arrived on […]


A student is being treated in hospital after an explosion on Silverdale Road.

Screen Shot 2014-12-06 at 13.59.51

The explosion went off at around 7pm last night, supposedly caused by a homemade firework.

An ambulance shortly arrived on the scene. The man was taken to hospital with severe burn injuries.

The noise woke some neighbouring residents up. One student said:

I just thought it was a firework and went back to sleep.

The Daily Echo reports that officers have remained on the scene throughout the night and this morning and have sealed off the property.

Local residents tell us that there are still police on the scene now.

The injured student remains in hospital where he is being treated for burns.

Have anymore information about the incident? Email us at [email protected].