Southampton Lacrosse UNDEFEATED in BUCS 2014

Southampton Lacrosse have finally succeeded in smashing sports for a whole year in addition to smashing life. Home at Wide Lane to an understrength Gloucestershire, Southampton Men’s Lacrosse finish 2014 with […]

Southampton Lacrosse have finally succeeded in smashing sports for a whole year in addition to smashing life.

Home at Wide Lane to an understrength Gloucestershire, Southampton Men’s Lacrosse finish 2014 with a 22 – 4 win; the latest in a series of victories stretching from 27th of November 2013, famously bowling there against Exeter.

It’s a shame we lost 10 – 7 away at Exeter, because it means I can’t talk about our 31 – 0 Victory over UWE the week before, and I definitely can’t mention the week before that when we beat UWE again 20 – 3.

With a score of 222 – 60 in 2014 it turns out money in the bank pimpin’ is actually quite easy, despite keeper Chris James Lee letting in one goal every six days, proving that you should never trust a goalkeeper with three first names. Frankly embarrassed by his shoddy performance, it is with great anticipation we await his deportation.

No photo for you Leigh, you prick

Leigh Moody earns himself a special mention for playing for Gloucestershire and scoring against his own team, then subbing off immediately so we couldn’t all foul him.

Spencer Grant stepped up in midfield to take the face-offs, winning most of the restarts before injuring his neck in the fourth quarter, resulting in the game being called off early. Gloucestershire kindly volunteered a first aider who was “pretty sure he was just faking it”, citing “he’s ginger and has no soul”.

In attack, Southampton played like an angry Ostrich chasing a child in a hall of mirrors, with Jack and Cupid scoring enough for me to not bother counting, followed by Jamie Morton with three, and Andy Potterton and Johnny both scoring twice. Jake Kelly, our LSM, was obviously feeling a bit uppity, scoring a goal and clearly forgetting he’s supposed to knock people over then stand around looking attractive like the rest of the defenders do.

Tridents run of form coincides with better team photos and kit

All in all, Gloucester got more smashed than that time Harry Kenyon got a pity MOTM and had a half pint of Fosters. Gloucester didn’t wet themselves and try to get off with men all night in Jesters though, so they’ve got that going for them.