Sobar gets charitable, and they need your help

It turns out Sobar isn’t only charitable in the form of £1.50 triples. Next week, the Portswood club is hosting a mulled wine and mince pie event to help disadvantaged children, […]

It turns out Sobar isn’t only charitable in the form of £1.50 triples.

Next week, the Portswood club is hosting a mulled wine and mince pie event to help disadvantaged children, and invites you to play a part.

Wave 105 Cash for Kids, in partnership with Foresters, have launched Mission Christmas to help the thousands of children in poverty who will wake up on Christmas day without presents.

They ask students to buy one extra present this year – a gift for a disadvantaged child to make their Christmas morning that little bit brighter- and bring the toy to Sobar on Tuesday 2 December 12pm – 2pm or Thursday 4 December 1pm – 3pm.

It must be suitable for a child aged 0-18, new and unwrapped. In return you’ll get a free loyalty card, plus free mulled wine and mince pies. How fancy.

Becky, Sobar manager, says:

You don’t even really have to go out of your way. Sainsburys have some awesome toys in at the moment cheap and Amazon is easy to buy from. It could be something as small at a teddy or something as big as a bike!

She explains that this is a cause close to their hearts at Sobar, adding:

Some of the directors were Youth Workers in a former life and have worked with some of the most disadvantaged kids in Southampton and think that with the link Sobar has to students we could really make a difference here.

So get down to Sobar next Tuesday or Thursday and do your good deed for the year, enjoying mulled wine and mince pies while you’re at it!

Join the Facebook event page here.