Fresher creates app to locate flatmates

A Connaught fresher has created a nifty app designed to reveal who is in or out of the flat at any given time. ‘Here or Not’ works by giving each flatmate […]

A Connaught fresher has created a nifty app designed to reveal who is in or out of the flat at any given time.

‘Here or Not’ works by giving each flatmate a ‘room status’, which they change when they leave and arrive in their room. When someone forgets to update their room status, their friends can remind them.

Tunde Alao, creator of the app, said:

My flatmates and I were expressing our frustration with how much time we waste trying to find out if our friends are in their rooms.

When i found other people had a similar problem, I decided to develop something simple to solve it

The app is proving to be a hit among Connaught freshers, with the rate of installs growing by a whopping 50% every day.

Michael Smith, Connaught fresher, said:

I’ve been using the app for a few days now and it’s really easy to use and quick to set up. Whenever I get back to halls from lectures it makes it so easy to see who’s around.

It saves sending out a handful of messages or wasting your time knocking on people’s doors when they’re not in!

Another Connaught ranger, Anna Wells, added:

This is a handy tool for knowing when to chill with my friends- it’s quick and simple.

‘Here or Not’ is currently only downloadable to android phones. According to Tunde, the iPhone version will be available soon.

The tech-savvy fresher adds that the next version will be more advanced, updating users’ statuses automatically using GPS and other methods.

To download the app, visit https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hereornot

Could this be a new craze in halls of residence? Give us your views in the comments below!