FIRE at HOUSE PARTY

A Hallowe’en house party on University Road got a little scarier than expected when a fire started last night.  The fire broke out on University Road last night just metres […]


A Hallowe’en house party on University Road got a little scarier than expected when a fire started last night. 

The fire broke out on University Road last night just metres from the DJ in the middle of a house party.

House fire 1

The fire started after an exploding lantern caught a hanging blanket alight and it rapidly spread.

Terrified party goers quickly evacuated the house besides one brave soul, Dan Winchcombe, who stayed and confronted the blaze and managed to put the fire out using a fire extinguisher. The fire brigade were not called.

Dexter Briant, friend of Dan Winchcombe, said

Everyone was scared but Dan managed to save the night before it got out of hand.

The hero himself (the one flexing his muscles)

The hero himself (the one flexing his muscles)

Anouska, a resident of the house, said

I was a bit worried when the fire alarm went off, and after turning towards the corridor I saw a sea of people flooding out with thick smoke engulfing them. My priority was to get everyone out so between splutters I yelled ‘fire!’

Oh the irony

Oh the irony

The only damage to the house was a burnt cabinet. No one was hurt and the party continued soon after the blaze was put out.

House fire 2

Were you at the party? Would you like to thank Dan? Comment below!