TAB TUTORIALS: HALLOWEEN HORRORS 3

There’s just one day to go until the big night. You’re frantically tearing through your wardrobe looking for ANYTHING that can pass for Halloween wear. You’re toying with the idea […]

face paint fancy dress halloween lifestyle tutorial uni University

There’s just one day to go until the big night. You’re frantically tearing through your wardrobe looking for ANYTHING that can pass for Halloween wear. You’re toying with the idea of sacrificing your bedsheets and going as a ghost, but coming home to a bare mattress to indulge in saucy fright-night antics doesn’t seem that appealing… Fear not, the Soton Tab is here to help you find your inner freak.

For our third and final installment of Tab Halloween tutorials we’re bringing you a blood-sucking vampire and an evil pumpkin.

To achieve this vampy Dracula look, you’ll need: black and white face paint, a sponge, a paintbrush,  black eyeshadow, dark red lippy and fake blood. Fake teeth are optional if you’d prefer not to paint them on.

Step 1

Using the sponge, paint the face and neck white and paint on thick rectangular eyebrows using your paintbrush.

Step 2

Next you need to contour the face with the black eyeshadow, near the hairline, under the eyes, in the hollows of the cheeks and either side of the nose. This gives the face dimension. Neaten up the eyebrows with the white sponge,  smudging out the edges slightly to blend the black into a grey colour around the sides.

Step 3

Redden the lips with the lippy and, if you’re painting on the teeth as opposed to wearing fake ones, draw two fangs on your bottom lip.

Step 4

Next simply add the fake blood around the fangs and chin for a bloody-suckingly spooky last touch.

For our frightening pumpkin look, you’ll need black, red and orange face paint, a face-paint sponge and a paintbrush.

Step 1

First of all, cover the entire face in yellow using the sponge.

Step 2

Next, add strokes of orange paint over the yellow to mirror the curves on a pumpkin.

Step 3

Add black circles around the eyes, and paint a triangle on the bridge of the nose. Then, neatly paint thin triangles on the upper lip, lining the bottom lip in black and draw three thin lines equally spaced out on the bottom lip.

Step 4

Next, water down the black paint on your paintbrush so as to create a fainter grey. Draw evenly spaced shadowy lines like in the grooves of a pumpkin on the forehead, and on the cheeks.

Step 5

Fill in the eyes with black paint, then proceed to paint on richer shades of orange on the forehead and cheeks next to the grey grooves, dipping into the red paint occasionally to vary the colours.

Step 6

The final step is to fill in the nose with black paint. Easy peasy!

And there you have it, your spooky-faced pumpkin. Wear a pair of ripped jeans, a checker shirt and a straw hat to create the ultimate scarecrow look!

Have you checked out our other extreme Halloween tutorials? To learn how to recreate a scary doll and a the joker click here – to learn how to recreate a sugar skull and a skeleton click here.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN FOLKS!