Happy 4th Birthday Soton Tab!

What better way to celebrate the Soton Tab’s fourth birthday than with an article…oh, and we’ll also be out somewhere getting very drunk tonight (the Soton Tab may be four […]

What better way to celebrate the Soton Tab’s fourth birthday than with an article…oh, and we’ll also be out somewhere getting very drunk tonight (the Soton Tab may be four but we’re not)!

By clicking on this article you are contributing to the great success of the Soton Tab over the past four years! Now I won’t bore you with the history, you can read that here AND here. Instead I will tell you about the successes of the past four years, and most importantly, the last year.

First of all, everyone loves a good stat. Since the first ever article back in 2010 the Soton Tab has had a whopping 3, 049, 794 hits!

It’s been a pretty darn good year for us for more reason than one, and I’m going to name a few.

1) We published the article that has the most hits EVER on the Soton Tab- 10 Things You Have To Do At Jesters

2) Our first article went Tab national- Fresher Gets Head Stuck In Bottle Bank (it basically wrote itself)

3) Our second ever article went Tab national- HYSTERIA as students build HOT TUB in their own back yard (hopefully our articles going national won’t be news next year)

4) We perfected the meeting pose and we look awesome

5) We met someone who looked almost exactly like Heisenberg from Breaking Bad

6) One of our own met Rachel Riley

7) We started up our own Instagram! Follow @sotontab for the most amazing pictures you will ever see!

And finally, last but by no means least…

8) We have our own branded condoms!

So it’s been a pretty awesome four years, here’s to plenty more to come….cheers!

Don’t forget you still have time to WIN all this stash just by ‘liking’ us on Facebook before midnight on November 2nd 2014 (quick, you’ve not got long).

Want to get involved? Of course you do! Make sure to join our Writers’ Group on Facebook.