Cast your Course Rep vote NOW (even if you think you don't care)

Sometimes in the bustle of student life- the new pals, the boozy nights, the freedom to do pretty much whatever you please- it’s easy to forget that you’re paying £9,000 […]

Sometimes in the bustle of student life- the new pals, the boozy nights, the freedom to do pretty much whatever you please- it’s easy to forget that you’re paying £9,000 to, well, learn things.

And you don’t always get what you paid for. You may find yourself sitting through god-awful lectures, receive unintelligible feedback for your work, or simply realise that your lecturer is a total moron….

What do you do about it?

Well, you either suck it up and lose your money’s worth, or you actually take action. This is where Course Reps come in.

These are the people that will represent you and your opinions, and make sure the University listens. It’s your responsibility to VOTE and make sure you get a good one.

VP Education, Sophia d’Angelico, said:

Course Reps are elected to be the voice of their course to represent their peers and get the best they possibly can out of their course, by collecting feedback and attending Staff Student Liaison Committees.

And they do actually make a difference.

Tatiana Sieff, current Geography Academic President, said:

Course Reps are so essential in making sure your course is being represented for properly – they act as the middle man between the student cohort and University staff. Having a group of dedicated course reps over all years of study means that we can work together to pinpoint any problems and find a suitable way to resolve them.

Emily Bishton, ex-Geography Course Rep, added:

These people have real power to make changes within their course. They don’t just sit around drinking tea. They actually get shit done.

So make sure that shit gets done and that you’re not being swindled out of your £9K tuition fees.

Voting is now open for the Course Rep elections. It closes on Friday 25th October at 17:00.

Cast your vote NOW at https://www.susu.org/vote/login