Soton's Horniest Halls goes to…

Ever looked around your room and wondered who was there before you? Or glanced at that old new mattress of yours and wondered what secrets it holds? Well here at […]

Ever looked around your room and wondered who was there before you? Or glanced at that old new mattress of yours and wondered what secrets it holds? Well here at the Soton Tab we don’t want to keep you in the dark, so we’ve launched our very own sex survey to find out which halls is the sexiest in Soton.

Our survey had 1,046 respondents, which is pretty incredible considering the amount of dissertation survey emails students tend to ignore. There was roughly a 50/50 split between the genders because everyone likes talking about sex.

Survey says that the naughtiest halls is (drum roll)… CONNAUGHT, with an average of 5.72 sexual partners since starting uni. Closely behind is Erasmus Park in Winchester, however this stat is from only four respondents so take from that what you will.

Connaught: home to the most sexed-up students

Private Rented also kept it pretty high with an average five partners. Highfield and Bencraft show that you don’t have to be in a big halls to pull in the big numbers, both averaging at over four.

One of the biggest halls, Glen Eyre, sits firmly in the middle with an average of 4.22 conquests. One ex-Glen resident told The Tab that even the brick walls of Richard Hewitt court couldn’t keep the screams of passion from drifting upstairs to sleeping students.

Orion’s Point comes in next with 4.17, while Monte lags down the end of the scale with an average of 4.13. This came as a surprise, as one ex-Monte resident told The Tab that their dinner preparations were ruined by a couple having the time of their lives on the kitchen surface in the flat opposite. Come on guys, people make food on there.

Hartley Grove didn’t do too well with an average of 3.85 partners, despite the famous shagging-with-the-curtains open couple of Hartley C. Archers Road finished in last place with 3.19. But it wasn’t all cold showers- an unsuspecting Archers inhabitant was informed by resident support that the common room sofa she was enjoying a film on had been christened by a couple the night before.

Mayflower halls, you have no legacy to live up to so enjoy your blank slate.

Finally guys, safe sex is good sex so don’t be silly and be sure to wrap your willy. SUSU and the doctor’s surgery on campus give condoms out for free.