On Your Bike!

Good news student cyclists! Southampton is part of one of the UK’s most popular cycling counties. After a recent survey Hampshire has been announced the fifth most popular county for […]

Good news student cyclists! Southampton is part of one of the UK’s most popular cycling counties.

After a recent survey Hampshire has been announced the fifth most popular county for cycling to work. With cycle paths spread across the city it’s the perfect place to jump on your bike, keep fit and save money.

This could be you!

Don’t own a bike? Don’t worry! John Smith’s bookshop sells everything from bikes to tire pumps. With your entitlement burning a hole in your pocket, a bike would be the perfect purchase and a great way to get around at University.

Don’t know where to go? The Southampton City Council has a great General Bike Guide and a detailed Route Map that covers the whole city. The University cycle paths run between campuses and near all main areas of student accommodation. What are you waiting for?

Can’t see the benefits? Well apart from the obvious benefit of looking amazing with helmet hair and your trousers tucked into your socks, cycling to uni also has loads of health and financial benefits. After a heavy night, cycling to your 9am lectures will get you there in no time and help burn off those unwanted beer bellies. It is even known to reduce stress!

You can have all of this while also using an environmentally friendly way of getting around the city. If you don’t believe us, take a look at the NHS guide.

What are your thoughts on cycling to work and uni? Let us know in the comments below!