5 TIPS FOR A GREAT SUMMER!

Another hectic academic year has come to an end, here at the Soton Tab we have made a list to help you make the most out of summer 2014! 1. Rest and […]

Another hectic academic year has come to an end, here at the Soton Tab we have made a list to help you make the most out of summer 2014!

1. Rest and Relax:
It’s been a stressful year for us all so do yourself a favour and let your hair down. Enjoy a few months with no deadlines, lectures or worries! Next year is always harder so binge on your favourite TV shows, get a tan in the glorious British sunshine and have movie marathons while you can.

What’s your favourite movie?

2. Have an adrenaline rush:
After you’ve rested and relaxed it’s time to get your blood pumping. Whether it’s Zorbing, skydiving or going for a run – do it! Now is the time to take risks and make mistakes, you’re young and free so live with no regrets!

See yourself as the next James Kingston?

3. Go to a Holi One Festival:
You’d be crazy to miss one of these amazing, slightly dirty events! No matter where in the world you are, there will be one. Grab your ticket now for music and an excessive amount of coloured powder! They’re even coming to Southampton this weekend so don’t miss out!

4. Volunteer:
This is a must. Whether you stay local or go global, this kind of experience is invaluable. If you can spare some time off from earning money or whatever you’re doing, volunteering always looks good on your CV. Use it as a trial and error for your future career or volunteer abroad caring for your favourite animals. Whatever you do, don’t pass up an opportunity to enhance your CV and help others.

Like volunteering? Join the Global Brigades.

5. Get in touch with nature:
This is much easier than it sounds. Unfortunately, the British summer is a tad unreliable but a camping trip can always be made better with a crate of beer and some marshmallows to roast. If you’re the type to get bored this summer why not camp outside Wimbledon and watch Murray win this year! Don’t forget to BBQ, catch up with your friends and take a picnic to a river.

Have we missed anything? Let us know in the comments.