Woman Seriously Sexually Assaulted After Leaving The Edge

A woman has been seriously sexually assaulted after leaving The Edge last night. The police are looking for a man after a woman was seriously sexually assaulted last night after […]

A woman has been seriously sexually assaulted after leaving The Edge last night.

The police are looking for a man after a woman was seriously sexually assaulted last night after separating from her friends at The Edge nightclub to walk home.

The incident happened on St Andrews Road in St Mary’s between 2:30am and 3:30am.

The 23 year old girl was walking home alone when she was approached by an unknown male.

The suspect has been described as a black male wearing a black cap and gloves, tracksuit trousers and a black shirt.

Police are looking for witnesses or anyone who was in the area during the early hours of Sunday, May 11th 2014.

Detective Inspector Jim Park from Southampton Central police station told the Daily Echo

Specially trained officers are currently assisting the victim and working with her to establish further details.

Anyone with information should contact Southampton CID on 101 or the anonymous Crimestoppers charity on 0800 555 111.