GIANT RATS Spotted in Southampton

With some reported to be as big as cats, giant rat fear is sweeping the country. They’ve been spotted in Liverpool, Cornwall and Kent and now the super rats are […]

With some reported to be as big as cats, giant rat fear is sweeping the country. They’ve been spotted in Liverpool, Cornwall and Kent and now the super rats are descending on the streets of Southampton.

Whelan Pest Services, one of the UK’s largest independent pest control services, has reported a rise in the sightings of FREAKISHLY LARGE RODENTS in the Hampshire area.

Recent flooding has caused rats to flee from their happy rural homes to the mean city streets where they are having to adapt to survive, eating our left over fast food and rubbish. Highly intelligent animals, they know that the bad stuff tastes the best. They are given increased access to this kind of human food by careless waste disposal – of which there is plenty in Portswood.

A student house would be heaven for a mutant rat

Although this is a countrywide issue, the rats in Hampshire are known as ‘mutant rats’, meaning they have grown resistant to the traditional types of poison. Stronger methods are being investigated, however they are being met with resistance from campaigners who fear these rat poisons may be harmful to other wild life or even humans.

Not content with ruling our streets, there has also been cases of RAT GANGS breaking into homes and causing THOUSANDS of pounds worth of damage. Once they are in there, no one can stop them. They have been known to gnaw on furniture, destroy coffee machines and build nests to expand their GIANT RAT FAMILIES.

Mr Whelan, of Whelan Pest Services was keen to emphasise to the Daily Mail that

Just because they are bigger does not mean they are going to turn around and attack you… They are not killer rats

If you see one of these over-sized  rats take a note of where you saw it and report it to your local authority or pest control company.

Have you spotted any mutant rats in Southampton?
Let us know in the comments or e mail us at [email protected].