The Joke's On SUSU: Students Disheartened with April Fool's Prank

There are regular April Fool’s jokers (anyone used the new Hasselhoff Photobomb tool from Google?), there are the old classics (like the famous Spaghetti Harvest BBC piece), and then there are […]

There are regular April Fool’s jokers (anyone used the new Hasselhoff Photobomb tool from Google?), there are the old classics (like the famous Spaghetti Harvest BBC piece), and then there are some “pranks” about as funny as stubbing your toe that will forever be remembered for failing spectacularly.

It seems that this year SUSU was aiming for door number three.

As this Facebook post illustrates, frustrations mounted when some students discovered that the joke that the Union pulled this year involved choosing obnoxiously bright clashing font colours for their website.

The SUSU website was temporarily edited this morning to feature a plethora of clashing colours as part of an April Fool’s joke

This isn’t exactly worthy of Candid Camera, and it would be boring enough if it weren’t for the fact that some combinations like green-on-orange made the site all but unreadable to the few students with vision problems or colour blindness.

So that’s a double win for SUSU! Not only did someone maintaining the site actually think that changing font colours would genuinely be considered funny, but they also alienated a small portion of the student body by doing so…Result!

The site quickly reverted back to its original palette, and we were left with the more amusing prospect of a canine companion for SUSU the cat.

Lighthearted April Fool or alienation of visually impaired students? Let us know in comments.