Soton Graduate becomes face of 'I wanna marry Harry' in reality TV show

Over a year ago we interviewed Matthew Hicks, previous University of Southampton undergraduate who hit the big time as a Prince Harry lookalike. After letting the Soton Tab know he […]

Over a year ago we interviewed Matthew Hicks, previous University of Southampton undergraduate who hit the big time as a Prince Harry lookalike. After letting the Soton Tab know he has ‘TV work in the pipeline’, Matt has now become the face of Prince Harry for new American reality TV show I Wanna Marry Harry, which sees 12 unsuspecting American women travel to the UK to compete for love.

After being confused for Prince Harry over the years, Hicks has picked up the spot on the show after going professional last year, previously commenting that:

I got a fair amount of ‘Harry’ attention through uni but neither me or my mates took it very seriously, it was just a bit of a running joke.”

Spot the difference?

When traveling abroad the attention became intense which inspired Hicks to post his picture on a lookalike website for possible part-time work. Matt has been previously hired for a Queen’s Diamond Jubilee concert and appeared in a promotional video for Ice Age 4, as well as club promotions.

‘Prince Harry’ representing Wessex

The show follows the format of many other reality dating shows as all women live and compete in the same house, situated in an estate called Englefield House in Berkshire.

We’re all pretty surprised these women genuinely believe Matt is Prince Harry himself, but what can you do? Hopefully there will be some Geordie-Shore dirty scenes crossed with some TOWIE arguments, the sort of TV that makes us feel better about ourselves. The show airs in the US on 27th May, but there’s no news yet whether it will be shown in the UK.

You can see more from Matt on his Facebook page here.