The BIG GIVE is BACK

SUSU RAG’s fundraising event, the ‘Big Give’, is back this week for the second year running. Having started on Friday, the Big Give is running until Friday 28th March. It will be […]

SUSU RAG’s fundraising event, the ‘Big Give’, is back this week for the second year running.

Having started on Friday, the Big Give is running until Friday 28th March.

It will be raising money for charity by rounding up payments on tills around SUSU, and societies will be hosting special events where entry/tickets will be £1.

All money raised will go to the three elected RAG charities, which were voted for by students last summer: Médicins Sans Frontières (Doctors Without Borders), the Motor Neurone Disease Association and Wessex Heartbeat.

Last year the ‘BIG Give’ raised £6,057.

VP Engagement Claire Gilbert said:

The Big Give is a brilliant way to show the social impact students can have by giving just £1 (…) we all spend around £1 a day on things that we could easily go without – a coffee, a newspaper, getting on the bus when you could walk etc. I am really excited to volunteer for such an exciting way to look at fundraising!

For more details check out the Big Give’s Facebook event page or join the Twitter conversation under the hashtag #thebiggive.