University Challenge Quarter Final 3: Southampton vs Manchester TONIGHT

Southampton will be up against the University of Manchester tonight in the third Quarter Final round of University Challenge. Having beaten Queen’s University, Belfast in the first stage of the […]

Southampton will be up against the University of Manchester tonight in the third Quarter Final round of University Challenge.

Team Southampton. Image: BBC

Having beaten Queen’s University, Belfast in the first stage of the quarter finals 290-90, Southampton were through to the second round against Somerville College, Oxford. but lost 215-95. If Southampton win the round tonight against Manchester, they’ll be through to the semi-finals. If they lose, they’re going home.

Southampton lost to the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS) in August after finishing with 155 points to SOAS’ 230. But in a highest scoring loser play-off with Loughborough, they beat them to a place in the second round last month 185-80.

Southampton then went on to smash the University of Bangor in the second round with 335 points to Bangor’s 60, following a 290-90 win against Queen’s University, Belfast.

The team from Southampton captained by Bob De Caux comprises of Matt Loxham, David Bishop and Richard Evans.

The University of Southampton team will be up against the University of Manchester on BBC2 at 8pm, Monday 10th March. The Bridge Bar on campus will be screening the episode.