PRESIDENTIAL SHOWDOWN: Laura Mason

I’m Laura and I want to be Union President because I work hard, I care about students and I listen! Over the past few days I have been campaigning by […]

I’m Laura and I want to be Union President because I work hard, I care about students and I listen!

Over the past few days I have been campaigning by talking to students (not doing lecture shout outs or invading halls). I have been shocked by the number of people that don’t care about these elections because they have no idea what SUSU does for them! SUSU isn’t there to be irritating it is supposed to be a way of making student life even better by getting students involved in sports, societies, events etc.

I want to continue the hard work that has been done this year (for example: helping eradicate student poverty and the housing campaign) to continue to bring changes to students but also make sure that they know about it!

I focused my manifesto on 3 main points but these are not the only areas that I am interested in. My main manifesto points can be seen below, and check out my Facebook page.

Laura’s manifesto can be found here.

We also shot some quick-fire questions at Laura:

1. Describe SUSU in three words.

Something for everyone

2. If you could compare yourself to a current Sabb, who would it be and why?

Evan – for actually doing what so many Sabbs before him had set out to do (getting Team Southampton kit) and setting Southampton sport up for some great opportunities over the next years.

3. What was your New Year’s resolution for 2014?

Take every opportunity!

4. Where’s your favorite place to go for a night out in Southampton?

Standard would have to be Jesters, though I have had some really good nights in Sobar. For a ‘classy’ night it has to be Orange rooms.

5. If you could do any degree apart your current/previous one, what would it be?

Psychology

6. NUS: Yes or No?

No.

To view what the other candidates have to say, click here.