Planned Internet Outages Tonight

University wireless will be temporarily down tonight for planned maintenance.  iSolutions will be upgrading the University wireless network tonight (Wednesday) meaning there will be rolling 5 minute outages and you […]

University wireless will be temporarily down tonight for planned maintenance. 

iSolutions will be upgrading the University wireless network tonight (Wednesday) meaning there will be rolling 5 minute outages and you may be completely cut off from 22:00 to 00:00.

This will affect Eduroam, ISS and Library Loans wireless connections across all University sites including halls. Anyone attempting to connect a device may experience a loss of signal as the upgrade is implemented throughout. Any computers connected to the wired network will not be affected.

The University have said

The wireless upgrade scheduled for late this evening is an important part of ensuring our wireless infrastructure stays up to date and that there is sufficient capacity.

Hopefully this will result in an improved wireless connection but make sure you download everything you need nice and early to save disappointment.