£9,000 fees? Put it on my (Sugar) Daddy’s Tab!

It has recently been revealed that one million students worldwide who are struggling to fund themselves through university are hooking up with Sugar Daddies to help them cope with the […]

arrangement fees sugar baby sugar daddy University

It has recently been revealed that one million students worldwide who are struggling to fund themselves through university are hooking up with Sugar Daddies to help them cope with the cost of education.

Dating website SeekingArrangement.com matches moneyed individuals to Sugar Babies who are strapped for cash and struggling to cover the expenses of chasing a university education. Unsurprisingly, the Sugar Daddies tend to be males which, through the website, arrange ‘mutually beneficial’ relationships with female Sugar Babies who have often reported the pressure they feel from being expected to sleep with their benefactors in return for a substantial monthly allowance (£5000/month on average).

The Modern Gentleman is matched with a Goal Seeking Sugar Baby.

Hundreds of UK students have signed up to the dating website which reported a 54% increase in student membership in 2013. Students from the University of Kent, University of Manchester and the University of Nottingham toll up impressive membership numbers of 208, 175 and 195, respectively, topping the definitive list of the fastest growing Sugar Baby schools in the UK.
When considering that over half of UK institutions increased their tuition fees for undergraduate study, it becomes easy to understand how founder and CEO of SeekingArrangement.com, Brandon Wade, is able to uphold the fact that a direct correlation exists between the increase in the site’s membership and the 2012 tuition fee rise. Wade believes his mutually beneficial venture is an asset to the government and to students, as it decreases the number of borrowers and unpaid loans, relieving graduates of debt. Students now make up the largest demographic, standing at 42% of all Sugar Baby members.

Plenty of Sugar Baby women have provided statements divulging details of their experience of using the dating website, with one woman stating that:

Opportunities which I had never imagined had arisen. This site really helps young, smart, beautiful and ambitious women to get out there and get recognised… There are always going to be flakes but so far, every guy I have met up with has been real and always has something to offer, and not just money or sex.

I imagine this is the point at which the opinionated lot of you entirely lose composure and begin questioning the difference between these openly exploitative dating websites and prostitution, in its purest form.

Some of you might argue that the former introduces a degree of class to the approach of trading your time and (often) body for money, as the Sugar Babies are openly labelled and presumed to be ‘ambitious and goal orientated’ on the joining page of the website itself. Yet, when the line is drawn, there really doesn’t seem to be much difference between the quintessential concept of both.

Alternatively, I also feel obliged to question whether the concept of SeekingArrangement.com unfairly allows others to label the women who sign up to it as ‘prostitutes’, to the disdain of many raging feminists. After all, joining, forming a relationship with a Sugar Daddy and consenting to sex with one are entirely down to the choices a Sugar Baby feels comfortable making along the way.

Is having a sugar daddy morally degrading or just easy money? Have you ever taken similarly drastic measures to fund your tuition? Let us know in comments!