Student MUGGED In St Mary's

A Southampton student was mugged of her iPhone in St Mary’s. A 20 year old Southampton student was walking through the underpass between New Road and St Mary’s Road just […]

A Southampton student was mugged of her iPhone in St Mary’s.

A 20 year old Southampton student was walking through the underpass between New Road and St Mary’s Road just after 7.30pm on Monday 20th January where she was mugged.

[mappress mapid=”29″]

The Danish student was approached from behind and pushed, where she had her black iPhone 5 stolen. The male suspect is described as black, slim build, between 18 and 20 years old and 5ft 7ins tall. He was wearing dark clothing and a baggy dark hooded top.

PC Chris Orr who is investigating said:
The victim is on a year long exchange in Southampton and was returning from the gym at the time of this mugging. I’d like to hear from anyone that regularly uses the underpass and who may have seen the suspect in the area.
To avoid similar incidents, please be aware of your surroundings. Please be vigilant from opportunistic thieves who are willing to resort to acts of violence in order to steal property.
Anyone with information should contact PC Orr on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.