Witness appeal after ATTEMPTED BURGLARY between Highfield and Avenue

Police are appealing for information from anyone who saw two men breaking into a house in Highfield Road, Southampton, in the middle of the afternoon on Tuesday 10th December. The […]

Police are appealing for information from anyone who saw two men breaking into a house in Highfield Road, Southampton, in the middle of the afternoon on Tuesday 10th December.

The resident at the house works night shifts and was at home asleep at about 3.50pm when he was woken up by a ringing door bell. He did not answer and then heard scratches and banging noises from the area of the front door.

[mappress mapid=”25″]
Realising someone was trying to break in, the 37-year-old man rang 999. He looked out of the bedroom window and saw a man in the front garden with a push bike. A second man then appeared in the bedroom doorway, who on seeing the resident immediately ran downstairs and left.

The resident then saw two men rushing away down Highfield Road towards campus.

The man with the push bike is described as white, aged 24 to 28, 5ft 7-8 inches tall and of a slim to athletic build. He had dark brown/black short curly hair and wore a navy blue jacket and grey hood.

The man seen in the property is white, 25 to 28 years old, 5ft 9-10 inches tall and of a slim to athletic build with light brown short hair. He wore a navy blue or dark jacket, possibly with a dark top underneath.

Nothing was stolen, but the front door and its lock were damaged.

Anyone who saw two men in the area who match the above descriptions of the burglars is asked to contact Police Staff Investigator Stephanie Elvin at Bitterne CID on 101.