Spartans Sail To Victory Against Didcot – Korfball

Southampton Spartans 1sts vs Didcot Dragons 1sts Final Score: 15 – 7 Line Up: Alex Bell (Captain), Emma Fraser, Georgie Booth, Nikesh Patel, Isaac Richardson, Kate Hotton, Lee Gannon (<> […]

Athletics Union Didcot Dragons Korfball Southampton Spartans

Southampton Spartans 1sts vs Didcot Dragons 1sts

Final Score: 15 – 7

Line Up: Alex Bell (Captain), Emma Fraser, Georgie Booth, Nikesh Patel, Isaac Richardson, Kate Hotton, Lee Gannon (<> Dinesh Yoganantham), Seoul Weare (<> Katie Spires).

Sunday the 8th December saw Southampton Spartans take on an experienced Didcot Dragons side in their last game of the season. Southampton went into the game unbeaten in 6 league fixtures and looked to continue this form into the New Year.

Spartans started the match with 3 new first team players (Isaac Richardson, Emma Fraser and Lee Gannon) as they looked to gain experience through some first team action. Spartans made their presence known early on as they took the lead through a couple of textbook running in and drop off shots scored by Alex.  After conceding some poor goals, Spartans were kicked back into gear and looked to capitalise on Didcot’s mistakes. This they did, with Isaac and Lee both scoring a midrange shot on their first team debut! The game was fast paced with chances being created by both teams. Spartans did a great job defending throughout the game, with Didcot having to take some difficult long range shots as there only means of scoring. Didcot knocked down two long shots in succession but that’s when Kate Hotton said ‘whatever you can do I can do better’ and splashed home a couple of long range shots herself! Spartans continued to control the tempo of the game with Nikesh Patel and Georgie Booth both getting on the score sheet through some great work in the collect.

Congratulations to Isaac who deserves being man of the match for his 3 goal debut! Also a big well done to Emma Fraser and Lee Gannon who put in a promising debut for the 1st team. All in all, a very professional performance by the Spartans with a convincing 15-7 victory over Didcot 1sts. A good way to end the first half of the season and a well-deserved win.

Southampton Spartans Scorers:

Kate Hotton (4)

Alex Bell (4)

Isaac Richardson (3)

Nikesh Patel (2)

Georgie Booth (1)

Lee Gannon (1)

Report courtesy of Nikesh Patel.