The End Of Junk As We Know It

Southampton favourite nightspot, Junk, is undergoing a complete rebrand to become TRiPP. January 18th 2014 will see last ever party in Junk, after that it will be all about TRiPP. […]

Southampton favourite nightspot, Junk, is undergoing a complete rebrand to become TRiPP.

January 18th 2014 will see last ever party in Junk, after that it will be all about TRiPP. On their Facebook page Junk have said:

Junk’s exit marks the beginning of a new concept, a new dynamic. There is no pretend refurb or makeover – what remains is the same sound and same production that put Junk at the forefront of the South Coast, yet it’s (sic) new identity, TRiPP will boast an even more refined accessibility with new residencies and brands.

TRiPP will be cheaper and more musically diverse so will hopefully pull in even more customers.

Furthermore, Junk’s external brand ‘Junk Department’ is continuing to grow and will make regular appearances at TRiPP bringing even bigger line ups; the first being Junk Department presents One Records Showcase in February 2014.

The news comes shortly after Junk was voted ‘UK’s Best Small Club 2013’, sponsored by DJ Mag, beating Wire in Leeds and XOYO in London.

Are you a fan of Junk? Would do you think about these BIG changes? Let us know in the comments.