YouTube's KSI in Lecture INVASION and FIFA Tournament

YouTube star KSI visited Southampton University yesterday to compete in the FIFAsoc’s weekly tournament. But before competing, KSI could be found making himself at home around campus or gate-crashing engineering […]

YouTube star KSI visited Southampton University yesterday to compete in the FIFAsoc’s weekly tournament. But before competing, KSI could be found making himself at home around campus or gate-crashing engineering lectures!

KSI had snuck in to the lecture with a handheld flip-cam and filmed himself with his feet up on the desk in front of him, yawning and pretending to fall asleep, much to the amusement of those around him. Before the joke could turn stale he stood up straight announcing “it’s been fantastic, but I’m leaving now!” before exiting to confused laughter across the hall. The lecturer has not been available for comment.

KSI kept a low profile for the rest of the night, doubtless to evade Southampton University’s finest. He appeared later on at the FIFAsoc’s weekly competition, which was packed out with fans hoping to meet the man himself. His presence certainly lived up to the crowd’s expectations, with the room regularly roaring with laughter at (almost) all of his jokes.

The atmosphere at times was tense, with many nervous titters and unconfident breaking voices from the crowd. Nobody seemed to quite able to believe that an internet celebrity was right there in front of them. One boy, who had called KSI’s name during a game, girlishly tittered and hid his face, squealing “He’s looking at me!” Such was the awesome power of his gaze… ahem. Moving on.

KSI however took it like the professional he was, and was extremely forthcoming about how much he appreciates his fans, taking pictures with anyone who wanted one. This was reiterated by his production crew who described him as “just really down to earth, great to work with”.

Fans who were out at Café Parfait last night may have seen KSI enjoying the Southampton nightlife, despite many recommendations (including my own) to experience the Palace of Dreams first hand. The YouTube legend described Jesters as:

the place where you get AIDS by walking in!

We managed to catch up with KSI after the event for a chat, and you can see the video here: