Your Guide to Fireworks in Southampton

October plays host to Hallowe’en and December of course has Christmas so what better way to cheer up a dreary November than with fireworks night. Southampton has many displays on […]

October plays host to Hallowe’en and December of course has Christmas so what better way to cheer up a dreary November than with fireworks night. Southampton has many displays on offer so here at The Tab we want to let you know what’s going on and where. 

Fireworks night is one of those events that seems to manage to drag on for weeks, let’s be honest, how many times have you heard fireworks, got up to look out of your window and not been able to see them? The list below will help you to be in the right place at the right time.

Firework displays in Southampton 2013:

Tuesday 5th November: Firework Fiesta at Redbridge Community School

• Doors open at 6pm, fireworks at 7:30pm
  • £3 per adult and £2 per child
  • Additional attractions include fairground rides and two local bands
  • BBQ, donuts, candy floss, popcorn and drinks all available.

Saturday 9th November: Firework and Bonfire Night at Sherfield English Sports Field

• 6pm-9pm (last entry 7pm) The bonfire will be lit at 6:15pm and the fireworks will begin at 7pm
  • £4 per adult, £1 per child
  • Bar and BBQ

Saturday 9th November: Mayflower Park Fireworks

• Doors open at 3pm, fireworks at 7:45
  • £6 per adult, £4 per child and under 5s go free
  • Additional attractions include a fun fair and live music

Top Tips for Fireworks Celebrations:

• Plan your route carefully and leave plenty of time to make sure you get a good spot
  • Wrap up warm
  • If you’re planning on putting on your own fireworks display in your garden then this website will guide you and help you to stay safe.

The Tab would like to wish everyone a happy fireworks night and want to remind you to stay safe. Tweet us your pictures @SotonTab.