21 Questions with… SUSSC

Each week we’ll be introducing a member from one of Southampton’s AU clubs answering our quick fire questions. Name: Jamie Williams. Degree programme: Geology. (Sex) Position in Club: (Male) Social Sec. Dream […]

21 questions

Each week we’ll be introducing a member from one of Southampton’s AU clubs answering our quick fire questions.

Name: Jamie Williams.

Degree programme: Geology.

(Sex) Position in Club: (Male) Social Sec.

Dream job and car? Lion Tamer and a pick-up truck.

Was Southampton your first choice? Running away with the circus was my first choice, but that fell through as no circus came to my village so I had to make do with Southampton.

Abiding memory of freshers week? I have no memory of freshers’ week.

Favourite saying? Does a fish have a waterproof head?

Tariq Manzils or Chick-O-Land, and what’s your order? Manzils. I would start out by getting some poppadoms and their accompanying condiments to alleviate the initial hunger pangs I usually encounter when entering this establishment. Once I’ve had my fix of these rather delightful fried treats I’ll order a curry suitable for my mood at the time. Most often the Jalfrezi hits the spot but from time to time I’ll venture into the chefs specials! In terms of rice and naan I’m fairly tame and opt for pilau rice and garlic naan all washed down with a jug of the finest tap water Southampton has to offer.

Jesters or Sobar? Sobar.

Soton Tab or Wessex Scene? Wessex would score higher in a game of scrabble so im going to have to go with that.

Club’s best achievement? We’ve won British, National and Regional Championships as well as having individual members podium at numerous events.

What are your aims for the year? As a club our aim is to get as many people involved with snow sports as possible whether it’s learning to ski for the first time or taking the leap and getting involved with competitions. Personally my aim as a competitive athlete is to smash the Le Classique. I put in a lot of dry land training over the summer in preparation and hopefully I’m ready. However anything can happen on the day so I’ll have to see.

How can our readers identify your club/team on a night out? Head to where large numbers of Jagerbombs are being consumed.

Unusual fact about your club? Most of our skiing and snowboarding doesn’t occur on snow…

What is your club best known for? Skiing and Snowboarding.

Trademark social / best thing to happen on a social? Extreme Sports Ball. Its our main fund-raiser and involves us getting loads of the extreme sports clubs together on a boat for the night. Its pretty wild. I would love to tell you the best thing to happen on a social but it’s probably best if I don’t.

What’s your best move? Probably at the end of second year as the house was only a couple of doors down the road which made things pretty easy.

When do you do trips/ ski sessions? We run two trips a year to the Alps, one at Christmas and one at Easter. This Christmas we’re going to Val D’Isere from the 13th December – 21st December (You should definitely come as its unbelievably good fun). On top of this we run weekly racing and freestyle sessions at local slopes and also run beginner and recreational lessons throughout the year.

A standard SUSSC trip destination

Why should I join in no more than 15 words? Boys, Boobies, Buere, Beer, Baguette, Bombjagers, Boarding, Bails, Barbigerous, Barology, Behoof, Bibulous, Blissom, Brio, Basiation.

Tell us something funny about someone else on committee? A previous committee member had sex up a tree.

You are stuck in the Alps, what three things would you want to take with you? Tweed shorts. Hawaiian Shirt. Bow tie. (Find out why here).

You can like SUSSC on Facebook here.

For more 21 questions… Check out Mixed Lacrosse here.