Junk Request Extended Opening Hours

The owners of Junk nightclub on London Road have requested later opening hours. Potentially good news for all Junk fans, if they get their request the nightclub will be open […]

The owners of Junk nightclub on London Road have requested later opening hours.

Potentially good news for all Junk fans, if they get their request the nightclub will be open till 4:30am Sunday-Friday and 5:30am on Saturdays; they currently shut at 4am every night they open. In addition to this they want to be able to serve alcohol until 4am Sunday-Friday and 5am on Saturdays, this is later than most Southampton venues.

When asked why they want extended opening hours, a spokesperson for Junk told the Soton Tab:

90% of the time, we will still be full at 4am. We work very hard to deliver the best parties on the South Coast and customer feedback suggests that a later license would benefit the experience

Along with extended opening hours, bosses have also applied to be able to sell Corona and Desperados in glass bottles which is not under the terms of their current license. Southampton has had issues regarding violence and glass bottles in the past with another nightclub.

Hampshire Constabulary has objected to the application due to the club being located in an area “saturated by licensed premises”, they are also concerned that people coming out of the venue later could add to existing problems in the area.

The city council’s licensing panel will decide on the application on October 17th 2013.