WIRED behaviour during BLACK OUT

Sunday night, the equinox, marked the start of autumn and triggered some bizarre goings on in Portswood, and the city as a whole. While freshers were partying away with DJ […]

Sunday night, the equinox, marked the start of autumn and triggered some bizarre goings on in Portswood, and the city as a whole.

While freshers were partying away with DJ Chris Stark and celeb guest Ollie Locke in town over the weekend, and the Jesters punters were downing their Jesticles, the city was subject to a power cut. The cut, caused by a fire in a Southern Electric substation in the city centre, affected homes and street lights as far as the docks, Freemantle and Shirley. For around 5 minutes, the city went dark, as even superclub Oceana was affected.

Southampton, Sunday night

Terrified city dwellers took to Twitter in their confusion, and as a way to amuse themselves without being able to use Netflix or see their way to the fridge for more beer.

The Tab has also heard reports of a rush to leave Jesters as the power outage sparked shock and hysteria amongst the drunken clientèle, whilst others found it exciting, not worthy of exiting.

Speaking of underwear, a man took to the roof of a store on Burgess Road wearing nothing but his pants last night. The police and fire service were in attendance, with reports of the door being broken down as the situation was resolved.

Do you know of any more interesting happenings over the weekend? Let us know in the comments!