Manzils targeted by knife-wielding thief in TRIPLE robbery

A knifeman threatened to stab a 17-year-old girl as she bought a can of Coke in her parents’ shop last night. Salina Khan – Tariq Manzil’s wife – was outside […]

A knifeman threatened to stab a 17-year-old girl as she bought a can of Coke in her parents’ shop last night.

Salina Khan – Tariq Manzil’s wife – was outside in the car waiting for her daughter, but got out when she heard her daughter’s screams. As she entered the shop, she came face to face with the man, who left with five bottles of vodka. The man had left his knife in the shop, which was picked up afterwards.

This is the third time in four days that the shop has been targeted. On Thursday a shop assistant was attacked before a man fled the scene carrying bottles of vodka. On Saturday a further two bottles were stolen; after the third incident last night, the police took action, sending riot police who arrested the man not far from the shop.

Ms Khan told us:

my daughter was really scared. It could have ended really badly. Our staff are also terrified – we have CCTV but it’s just not enough.

A second person was also arrested.