Brutal Bedford Place Attack

A man was put in hospital with a bleed in his brain after a serious assault outside Junk. Police are investigating the incident which occurred on Bedford Place outside the […]

A man was put in hospital with a bleed in his brain after a serious assault outside Junk.

Police are investigating the incident which occurred on Bedford Place outside the back entrance to Junk, just after midnight on the morning of Friday 30th August. A 19 year old man was punched to the ground and had to be taken to Southampton General Hospital.

It is believed that the offender was then involved in a larger fight with several other people. Detectives want to locate a group of Asian men who were in the area at the time and may have been approached by the offender and his friends.

[mappress mapid=”15″]

Southampton police are appealing for witnesses to come forward who can help them with their investigation. They are particularly keen to talk to a woman with long blonde hair, who wore a short skirt or shorts, and the man who was with her. This couple were seen leaving Junk at the time and could have vital information for the police.

Anyone with information is asked to contact DC Abigail Leeson at Shirley CID on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.