Fresher robbed near Soton Station

Police are appealing for witnesses as just hours after arriving in England a new international student at the University of Southampton was robbed of her mobile phone and bank card. […]

Police are appealing for witnesses as just hours after arriving in England a new international student at the University of Southampton was robbed of her mobile phone and bank card.

The 19-year-old student from Singapore landed at Heathrow on Tuesday, August 27th at 7am. She took a coach to Southampton and was mugged at 3pm as she was walking along Commercial Road towards the station.

A man came up from behind her and snatched her iPhone 5 from her hands before pushing her to the ground.

The thief quickly fled the scene and ran up the alley way next to the Vestry pub towards the Polygon. The victim asked two men passing by to stop him but they both ignored her.

The man has been described as a black man in his early twenties, 6ft tall with a slim build. He was wearing fading grey jeans, a light blue/grey T- shirt, a grey beanie and trainers.

Police want to hear from anyone who witnessed the robbery, especially the two men who the woman spoke to asking for help. Police Staff Investigator, Neil Anderson said

These men could have important information about the robber, so we really need them to contact us

[mappress mapid=”13″]

Anyone with information is asked to contact PSI Anderson at Shirley CID on 101.