Sam Ling signs for Saints in £15m deal

Ex SUSU President Sam Ling has signed for Southampton FC, putting pen to paper on a four-year deal which will see him paid around £55,000 per week. For those who […]

Pablo Osvaldo Southampton

Ex SUSU President Sam Ling has signed for Southampton FC, putting pen to paper on a four-year deal which will see him paid around £55,000 per week.

For those who were wondering what Sam would do with himself when he left his post at the Union, here is your answer. Posing under the name Pablo Osvaldo, Ling has managed to fabricate an entire career for himself spanning eight years and seven clubs.

Despite adopting a convincing disguise, including a beard, tan and tattoos, here at The Tab we’ve seen through this false exterior and in a world first, outed the saviour of SUSU night-life as Southampton’s record-breaking signing.

It is believed that other clubs such as Inter Milan, Fulham and Benfica also made enquires for Ling, but could not match the financial offerings of free spending Southampton.

Saints supporters will hope that his ‘form’ (28 goals in 57 appearances) for previous club A.S. Roma can be carried through to the Premier League and help the team build on their results of the previous campaign.