Man, 92, MUGGED In Portswood In BROAD DAYLIGHT

UPDATE 15/08/13 17.30: Police have arrested two men in connection to the mugging. An 18 year old and 29 year old were arrested this morning and are being held in […]

UPDATE 15/08/13 17.30: Police have arrested two men in connection to the mugging. An 18 year old and 29 year old were arrested this morning and are being held in custody at Southampton Central Police Station.

A pensioner was mugged on Tuesday afternoon after withdrawing £500 from a Portswood bank.

Police are appealing for information after the shocking attack where a 92 year old man was attacked, robbed and left needing surgery.

It is believed that two men followed the partially-sighted victim from Barclays Bank in Portswood, between 2.30 and 3pm, after he withdrew £500 cash. The victim stopped briefly in Sainsbury’s and continued to a car park in Shaftesbury Avenue. He was then pushed to the ground, assaulted and robbed.

[mappress mapid=”10″]

The pensioner was taken to Southampton General Hospital for surgery on a serious hand injury.

The two suspected men are in their late teens or early twenties, one white and the other black. They were loitering or sitting in Barclays bank between 2.30 and 3pm on Tuesday 6th August.

DC Andy Lucas said:

We need urgent contact from anyone who was in Barclays Bank, Portswood, or near Sainsbury’s between 2.30 and 3pm Tuesday. We also need to hear from anyone who saw the assault. We need to arrest these robbers before they strike again.

Anyone with information should contact police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.