Union Sports Hall To Be Renovated

The ‘Old’ sports hall in the students union is, at long last, up for renovation, with the finished product being ready in time for the annual bunfight on 28th September. […]

The ‘Old’ sports hall in the students union is, at long last, up for renovation, with the finished product being ready in time for the annual bunfight on 28th September.

Sports Hall 3

The renovation centres on the implementation of a top quality high performance floor, one which should make using the hall a far better experience for everyone. Further changes will include a general face-lift, with the provision of new basketball hoops among a number of possible improvements.

As mentioned in the inaugural blog of VP Sports Development Evan Whyte, the scheduled upgrade to the Uunion sports hall does beg the question of whether it can continue to be referred to as the ‘old’ sports hall.

It is hoped that the renovation will indeed put a stop to sports teams feeling that they have been given an inferior training area, with the improvements bringing the union hall up to a similar, if not higher standard than the Jubilee hall. Evan Whyte, VP Sports Development said:

Sport and wellbeing have done a great job and I am very happy with the work which will take place.