Woman attacked on the Common in BROAD DAYLIGHT

Police officers, police dogs and a helicopter are currently present on Southampton Common after a 36-year-old woman was attacked whilst out jogging this morning. At approximately 9.45am, a man approached […]

Police officers, police dogs and a helicopter are currently present on Southampton Common after a 36-year-old woman was attacked whilst out jogging this morning.

At approximately 9.45am, a man approached her from behind and attacked her with an unknown weapon while she was running with her dog near the woodland and ornamental lake area of the Common.

[mappress mapid=”9″]

The victim was taken to Southampton General Hospital where she was treated for the cut in her arm and pain in her back. The injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.

The suspect is described as a white male in his late twenties, who is 5’7″-10″ tall and of a slender build. He was wearing a light blue top and navy shorts, with a mark on his ankle (either a tattoo or mud) and a dog bite on his arm.

Anyone who saw a man of this description or who noticed any suspicious activity on the common before 11am should contact the police at Southampton on 101.