Summer Refurbishment for Hartley Library

Hartley Library is going to be given a facelift over the summer to create more desk space for students to work. In a project to improve the quality and capacity […]

Hartley Library is going to be given a facelift over the summer to create more desk space for students to work.

In a project to improve the quality and capacity of space, and in response to increasing numbers of students, the entrance level of the library will be revamped and redesigned to fit in an extra 78 seats.

The proposed changes to Level 2

Consequently, the entrance to the library will be closed from 15th July, with work expected to start on the 29th and re-opening after completion on the 16th September.

During this time, you can access the library through the doors on the south wing; from outside, they can be found to the right of the main entrance, and the library will still be open 7 days a week over the vacation period.

There will still be access to the usual library services during the refurbishment, but the Course Collection books will be temporarily moved to Level 1 shelving, with the self issue/return machines available at the bottom of the main staircase.

But where will the hundreds of students meet to eat their lunch on the floor now?

Any questions or comments? You can contact the Library on Facebook or Twitter, or read their blog.

Less fighting? Not having to get up at 6:30am to get a desk during exam season? What impact do you think the refurbishment will have? Let us know below.