Freshers Fest HEADLINERS Announced

Cassetteboy and Trevor Nelson have been announced as the two headliners for Freshers Fest taking place on the 7th- 8th of June at Connaught and Glen Eyre. As May rolls […]

Freshers Fest

Cassetteboy and Trevor Nelson have been announced as the two headliners for Freshers Fest taking place on the 7th- 8th of June at Connaught and Glen Eyre.

As May rolls into June, and exams near an end, another year at Southampton is coming to a close. For those in final year, they have the Grad Ball, for those in second year they have the thought of dissertations to entertain them over the summer. But the end of first year is important too as the thought of ‘studies’ actually starting to count and potentially having to do more than just occasionally go to lectures. It will also mean moving out of halls and into their own house.

SUSU has recognised this transition period over the past few years and JCRs have huge end of year events. This year, we see SHADE at Glen, and WADE at Connaught replaced by Freshers Fest where all JCRs have pooled together all their budgets to spend on one massive event, Fresher Fest. It is being split over the Friday and Saturday, 7th-8th June at the end of exams, and sees an outdoor music festival followed by an End of Year ball.

Friday is being held in Connaught’s Old Quad, with an outdoor stage, live music all day, giant inflatables, face painting, a burger van and an outside bar serving Pimms, local ciders and ales. The set list is yet to be released, but considering the live acts that WADE and SHADE have had over the past few years, we can’t wait!

The End of Year Ball takes place on the Saturday, being held in Glen Hall. During the night there will be a video DJ set from Cassetteboy as well as a massive DJ set from Radio 1 and Ibiza legend Trevor Nelson. The venue will also hold a  professional photo booth, as well as a chocolate fountain.

David Gunns, newly elected JCR Officer said:

A lot of time, organisation and money has gone into Freshers Fest and if its anything to go by previous years, it’s guaranteed to be fantastic

Tickets are still available on the SUSU Box Office website for £10!