Announcing the NEW Soton Tab Editorial Team

Thursday 2nd of May saw the Tab hold its annual non-democratic AGM – the second in our history. In a peaceful handover of power, the new editorial team was announced. […]

Thursday 2nd of May saw the Tab hold its annual non-democratic AGM – the second in our history. In a peaceful handover of power, the new editorial team was announced. Listed below are the members of the new team who will be providing your fast news and LOLS for the next year.

Current co-Editor-in-Chief Luke O’Brien clearly holding back the tears as he reveals the new team

Editor-in-Chief

Tab veterans Alex Bees and Bridget Clay will be the bosses, in a role somewhat akin to herding cats.

News Editor

Lucy Dyer is the new scoop machine in the role of News Editor, bringing the fastest and juiciest news to your screens.

Opinion Editors

Two people in this role, as Opinion is a big and ever growing section for the Tab. Simon Boyce and Alex Robinson will be managing the rants next year.

Entertainment Editors

Katy O’Brien and Ben Franklin will be responsible for all the best content in terms of TV, Music and anything else possibly entertaining.

Sports Editors

James Dennison and Jon Rye will be editing our Sports coverage, content reaching from AU Sports teams dominating the opposition, to how Saints are doing.

Lifestyle Editors

Alice North and Jamie Hemingway will be providing you with the best stuff on work, sex and nightlife.

Degree Break Editors

Elizabeth Coates & Lucy Upshall will be providing you with the best Southampton-related procrastination material.

Marketing Director

Cormac Starling will be the new marketing mogul – click here if you are interested in advertising on our site.

Finance Director

Previously a role combined with the above, we’ve separated the role this year as it’s a big job. Fiona McCann will be dealing with the Tab finances (which are obviously in the millions).

Technical Directors

Computer whizz-kids Oli Bills and Sam Hooper will be managing our site and dealing with it when it has a tantrum.

With a new team in place and the Tab riding ever high in terms of hits, there has NEVER been a better time to get involved in the most popular media outlet on campus. If you’re interested in writing in any of the sections above, taking photos or making money, then join our writers’ group. We’ve got brilliant new features coming soon and we want as many people to share our success!