Sex Attack in City Centre

Detectives are appealing for any witnesses, or anyone with information, to come forward in light of an alleged sexual assault in East Park on Sunday morning. A 25-year old woman has […]

Detectives are appealing for any witnesses, or anyone with information, to come forward in light of an alleged sexual assault in East Park on Sunday morning.

East Park, near Orions Point, where the alleged assault took place…

A 25-year old woman has reported to the police that she was walking through East Park in the early hours of Sunday morning (28th April), when two men grabbed her and indecently assaulted her. The victim described the two men as tall, black and in their early thirties. One had short hair, the other was described as having a short beard.

Detective Inspector Phil Scrase said:

The victim has told us that she was attacked sometime between midnight and 2am on Sunday morning in a section of the park near the junction of the Charlotte Place roundabout with the Jurys Inn on it and Brunswick Place.”

Anyone with any information should contact Det Insp Scrase at Southampton Central police station on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Here at The Tab, we’d like to reiterate how important it is to keep yourself safe. Never travel alone after dark at night if you can help it, and if you do, stick to well-lit main roads. Remember that Radio Taxis run a scheme where, if you have no money, you can hand over your student ID and then pay at SUSU the next day. Also, for just £1.50 (or £2.50 if you live in Winchester/Basingstoke), you can get the safety bus from Highfield on weekdays, and Portswood on Mondays and Tuesdays.