Southampton University students PRANKED by OAPs

The ITV comedy show ‘Off Their Rockers’ has come to Southampton! This week’s episode of the show (which you can watch here) featured a clip in which two unsuspecting students […]

The ITV comedy show ‘Off Their Rockers’ has come to Southampton! This week’s episode of the show (which you can watch here) featured a clip in which two unsuspecting students were secretly filmed as an elderly man and woman farted uncontrollably next to them.

The show features a group of elderly citizens, who fearlessly roam the streets pulling pranks on the unsuspecting public. The show has received mixed reviews, but taken at face value as a bit of lighthearted entertainment, has its moments of true hilarity. A sketch featuring a foul-mouthed nun on a mobility scooter and a lady who has ‘forgotten her glasses’ asking members of the public to read out her saucy texts, are among the pranks that are pulled on the hidden-camera show.

The prank played in Southampton this week was simpler though, involving two of the show’s stars sitting near some students outside Building 85, the Life Sciences building,  whilst one admonishes the other loudly for her brazen wind breaking, ultimately pulling out a gas mask. The two shocked students in the end of the sketch describe the moment as ‘surreal’.

There have been reports of more clips to come on the show that feature students, including one taking place at a students house in an upcoming episode – keep your eyes open, you could end up being seen on the next show!

What do you think of the show? A refreshing way to view old people, or puerile and pointless humour? Have your say below! Let us know if you have been, or know someone who has been pranked!