Man Found Injured and Unconscious on Mayfield Road

Police in Southampton are appealing for information after a man was found injured and unconscious on the pavement in Mayfield Road.  A man was found injured and unconscious by a […]

Police in Southampton are appealing for information after a man was found injured and unconscious on the pavement in Mayfield Road. 

A man was found injured and unconscious by a passing member of the public on Mayfield Road (just behind Highfield Campus) at 10.15pm on Monday night. The police were alerted and the 30-year-old man, a resident of the city, was taken to Southampton General Hospital via ambulance to be treated for a head injury.

The official report insists that despite his coma, his injuries are serious but not life threatening.

Police detectives are investigating the scene for evidence, and are appealing for any information. Detective Sergeant Dave Brunsden has stated:

We believe the victim was assaulted and that’s why he ended up injured and unconscious. Because the victim is currently in an induced coma we have been unable to speak to him yet to get a fuller picture so I am appealing for anyone who was in the area [on Monday] evening and thinks they saw the victim or what happened to him to get in touch as soon as possible.

He is now currently in hospital under a medically controlled coma, and his condition is thought to be stable.

Anyone with any information should call the Western Area CID team on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.