Police UNCOVER The NAKED RAMBLER

Local celebrity Stephen Gough of Eastleigh can often be spotted taking a break from the hustle and bustle of modern life and enjoying a pleasant walk around the sights of […]

Local celebrity Stephen Gough of Eastleigh can often be spotted taking a break from the hustle and bustle of modern life and enjoying a pleasant walk around the sights of the city. The way that he chooses to do this however….is naked.

The man himself, courtesy of @JamesNewman76

Gough is notorious in his decision to dress in nothing but his walking boots and matching backpack. Spotted on numerous occasions bracing the cold weather in his altogether, students have recently seen the rambler in popular areas of ‘natural beauty’, such as Southampton Common and um, Portswood.

Gough’s naked exploits have earned him not only national recognition as ‘The Naked Rambler’, but now he’s also been handed an ASBO, and ordered to cover up.

Unable to appreciate Gough’s naked ambition and bare faced cheek, Southampton Magistrates’ court have deemed that the au-natural nature-lover must from now on dress in ‘sufficient clothing’, or ‘at least cover up his genitalia and buttocks before he decides to embark on one of his infamous strolls.

The order prevents Gough from getting his kit off in all of England and Wales until 10 May, and any breach of the conditions could see the local rambler exposing himself to a prison sentence instead of the public. He can’t be tamed, straight after leaving court this morning he was re-arrested in the nude.

No stranger to controversy, Starkers Stephen has previously served a total of six years in prison due to his love of stripping off, and holds the title as the only man to walk the length of the country in nothing but his trusty walking boots and his birthday suit.

This time however, the non-conformist nudist has been accused of ‘causing much offence nationwide’, and despite his undoubtable popularity among students and locals, the law may finally be successful in its quest to cover up the infamous Naked Rambler.