Elections Are Coming

The biggest event in the SUSU calendar is just around the corner (no, it’s not another NUS referendum). The SUSU Sabbatical election nominations are nearly closed. This year will see a […]

The biggest event in the SUSU calendar is just around the corner (no, it’s not another NUS referendum). The SUSU Sabbatical election nominations are nearly closed.

This year will see a dedicated week of online campaigning (so there’ll be elections presence plastered over your timeline), followed by a week of in-your-face campus campaigning with a culmination at the Cube on Friday 1st March.

For us here at The Tab election season is the busiest time of year and we will be providing the best coverage around.

Some of last year’s candidates

We’re the only place on campus you can come for honest and unbiased opinions on all the candidates. We’ll have interviews, live blogs and analysis of the pandemonium, all whilst avoiding the boring essay style articles. Even already, rumours are flying!

All of which means you should immediately make The Tab your first point of call for any news about the elections. There’s no point hearing about the news that matters after everyone else!

If you want to avoid campus when campaigning kicks-off, here’s some key dates for your diaries:

Friday 15th February – 12pm – Nominations close
Friday 15th February – 3.30pm – Candidates Announced
Saturday 16th February – 5pm – Online campaigning starts
Saturday 23rd February – Full campaigning starts
Wednesday 27th February – 12am – Voting opens
Friday 1st March – 4pm – Voting Closes
Friday 1st March – 9pm – Results live from the Cube

If you’re interested about writing for the Tab about the elections or anything else then just  join our writers group on Facebook here and get involved! If not then ‘like’ our page here and get our articles directly to your Facebook news feed!