Radical Changes in Election Sabb Candidates

This afternoon, there have been two shock election announcements in SUSU. After this morning’s rumours article, three Sabb nominees have announced changes in the positions they are running for.  David Gilani, current VP Communications, has made […]

This afternoon, there have been two shock election announcements in SUSU. After this morning’s rumours article, three Sabb nominees have announced changes in the positions they are running for. 

David Gilani, current VP Communications, has made the decision to upgrade to campaign for position of President, as opposed to rerunning for his current position. This is the first time any Sabb has made an attempt to ‘upgrade’ their position for many years and is believed to have occurred following persuasion from peers due to his ideas on the future of SUSU.

Following on from this, The Tab have discovered that David Martin, currently Editor of The Edge, a previous President candidate, has now decided to go for VP Democracy and Creative Industries, as opposed to President.

Peter ‘PeeWee’ Ward, former PA Officer and current SUSU Trustee, is now also rumoured to be considering changing the position he is going for from President to VP Democracy and Creative Industries, giving David Martin a competitor; however, this is unconfirmed.

There have been comments suggesting that this is perhaps an advertising stunt in a bid to get names out there as early as possible.

Do you feel this is an advertising stunt or as a result of the weight of competition? Comment below to tell us your ideas!