Rockstone ROBBED

Over the weekend, the popular Bevois Valley Boozer was hit by an opportunist thief who snuck in to raid the safe. The thief, described as black with short hair, 6′ […]

Over the weekend, the popular Bevois Valley Boozer was hit by an opportunist thief who snuck in to raid the safe.

CCTV of the alleged thief

The thief, described as black with short hair, 6′ 4″ with a muscular build and wearing a beige/khaki puffer jacket, blue jeans and white trainers, swiped cash from the safe just after 9PM on Sunday. He then left the upstairs taps running in the spare room into the box that the money was in causing flooding, and water damage.

Pub landlord Max Greenwood told The Tab:

We had 6 staff on so he had to time it well! At 21:10 he saw a gap and snuck upstairs to our flat. He went straight into the office at 21:11 and stole the weekend’s takings from the safe. He then went into the ensuite in the spare room and put the change pot in the sink and left the taps running. We were only alerted to the theft when water came through the ceiling.

[mappress mapid=”1″]

The Rockstone, which has recently celebrated its first anniversary, is popular amongst students and locals alike for its excellent food and wide range of ales and spirits.

Anyone who recognises the man in the photograph is asked to contact PC Daniel Farrell at Shirley CID on 101 or the anonymous Crimestoppers charity line on 0800 555 111.