Southampton Korfball Club Cycle to Nationals

This Thursday saw Southampton University Korfball Club (SUKC) don their cycle shorts and get on their bikes for charity and raise funds to get them to the National Competition. Collectively […]

This Thursday saw Southampton University Korfball Club (SUKC) don their cycle shorts and get on their bikes for charity and raise funds to get them to the National Competition.

Korfball in full flow

Collectively the team cycled 200 miles today inside SUSU, which is the distance from Southampton to UEA where the Nationals are being hosted. Strong winds made it impossible for SUKC to show off their skills in a penalty shoot out but they did make use of their amazing prizes and fashioned a raffle. Spartans sold H4H wristbands, pins and sweets to students and staff in Uni all day.

SUKC are the second seeded Korfball club in the South but, as a new club, they don’t receive enough funding from the AU to make it to the nationals without raising their own funds. Generously, the team decided to split the money that they raised with Help for Heroes, as it is a charity that is close to a lot of their player’s hearts.Overall, the SUKC Spartans raised a grand total of £741.20 and recruited a few new Spartans along the way.

Interested in trying Korfball? SUKC are holding taster sessions at Bitterne Park School on the 1st, 8th & 15th of February to give people an introduction.