What Your Society Says About You

So here at Southampton, chances are that you are part of a society, whether it’s academic, sporting or just an interest of yours. However, this membership brings certain assumptions about […]

So here at Southampton, chances are that you are part of a society, whether it’s academic, sporting or just an interest of yours. However, this membership brings certain assumptions about the sort of person you are. I don’t like to think I am judgemental, but this is ultimately what a majority of people think your membership says about you…

Actuarial Society – Highest paid people in the UK you know.

Applied Social Sciences Society – I study Crime so I can commit the perfect one.

Hero

Archaeology Society – I love rolling around in dirt and dead bodies. I love Time Team. Don’t tell me dinosaurs aren’t real.

Audiology – WHAT?

Biology Society – Dissecting animal insides till I die.

Chemistry Society – Yes I could tell you the chemical formula for semen, but no, I do not struggle to produce it despite being on my own.

Economics Society – Not intelligent enough for Maths, yet slightly above Business Studies.

Education Society – Learning how to learn because 16 years in education hasn’t been enough.

Watch out, CompSci about

Electronics and Computer Science Society – I do not know what a shower or a razor is. I do however know what malware is as well as the make-up of an iPad.

Engineering Society – I couldn’t describe a female in three words, yet I am very good at fiddling.

English Society – I do English. I can write words. I don’t know why numbers even exist. You can find me watching the films of the books that I should be reading.

Environmental  Society – I love grass. And trees. I got a C in Geography A level basically. Climate change is as real, and I can, and will prove it (hopefully before my coursemates or Geography).

Film Soc – I basically do English but without all the boring books and reading.

French Society – I will be very lonely when I come back from my year abroad and all my friends have graduated.

Geography Society – I find using pens hard. I also find it hard to learn about anything productive that doesn’t involve joining dots. When I attend a lecture, there are at least 8 people I have had sex with surrounding me.

Geographers do themselves no favours sometimes

Geological Society – Taumatawhakatangihangak oauauotamateaturipukaka pikimaungahoronukupokaiwhe nua kitanatahu is a hill in New Zealand. Best thing I learnt from my degree.

German Society – I like Angela Merkel.

History Society – I intend to be unemployed for the rest of my life, yes.

Italian Society – All you students think you only live off pizza and pasta, you should come to my house and eat with me for a week.

Law Society – Walking around in suits makes us superior to all of you, I could literally sue you (when I have qualified in 4 years time).

Maths Society – Left behind by every faculty.

MedSoc – You really wouldn’t be happy to have me treat you.

Music Society – I’m hoping to get a record deal whilst spending £30,000 on getting a degree in making music. I’m also a Brit School reject.

NOC – I am one of the only people in the world to understand the room numbering system.

Nursing and Midwifery Society – We save lives, honestly.

Philosophy Society – Nietzsche is my home boy. I didn’t know the meaning of life before university and probably still won’t afterwards.

Physics Society – I have a Brian Cox inflatable sex doll.

Politics Association – I’m too dumb to realise that most people that make it into Parliament did not study Politics.

Psychology Society – Yes, I am analysing everything you do.

Sociology and Social Policy – I don’t know what my degree is, but I do know that it is good and easy.

NEXT…sports clubs