MODESTEP are next Cube Headliner

Hot on the heels of our Wiley announcement, The Tab can exclusively reveal that the next big act to grace the Cube will be Modestep. The four piece dubstep and drum […]

Hot on the heels of our Wiley announcement, The Tab can exclusively reveal that the next big act to grace the Cube will be Modestep.

The four piece dubstep and drum & bass band are making a stop at Southampton on Friday 1st February ahead of the release of their debut album  ‘Evolution Theory’ on the 11th.

The band are best known for their top 20 hit “Sunlight” which we’ve handily embedded below.

[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bparw9Jo3dk&version=3&hl=en_GB]

The gig is part of the Ministry of Sound’s popular Unitrash series and Modestep will be supported by Varski and R3wire. SUSU is promoting the event as a “JCR Takeover” and will be the finale of Refreshers’ Come Party with Me. 

Tickets are packaged with the JCR packs which get people into their halls event. The bundle includes: Modestep, Oceana Wednesday Night, and two non-party socials for £20. It is not yet known if the tickets will be priced individually at £6.50 as they have been for the Wiley event. Tickets are released today, Friday 18th, at 5PM and are available from the SUSU Box Office.

It remains to be seen what act SUSU will bring out for the last of their 3 big events of this semester. As always, the Soton Tab will be first to break the news!

What do you think of this most recent booking? Will it make you head down to the Cube or is the venue beyond help? Vote in our poll and let us know what you think in the comments!