Soton's Shameful Stash

Did you know both SUSU and the University have their own range of merchandise? Read on for some of the worst uni-swag that you can buy.

Chances are that most of you reading this have got some form of Southampton Uni branded kit or stash knocking about somewhere. Maybe a hoodie or t-shirt. But did you know both SUSU and the University have their own ranges of merchandise? Read on for some of the worst uni-swag that you can buy.

For 40 quid you don’t even get the official logo!

A steal at only £39.99, an “official” University onesie can be yours! But first, whip out your uni-branded wallet (£13.99) as this shopping trip is going to be a little dear.

Don’t forget your laptop bag (£22.99, branded obviously) before you head to lectures. Make sure you keep warm though, the wind off the coast is pretty nippy. So put on your scarf (£20), in fetching University colours of course, and if there’s a little drizzle no fear! You’ve got your official university umbrella (£10).

Warning, wearing this bag will result in being called a briefcase wanker

So you return from lectures, what’s more relaxing than a nice cup of tea? A nice cup of tea from your EMBOSSED SOUTHAMPTON MUG (£6.50). You’re not an animal though, make sure you put it down on a UoS coaster (£7.50, more expensive than the mug…)

“Hello ladies, why yes this IS an official University tie. No, wait, come back!”

After a busy day of lectures, you’re thinking about hitting the town and impressing the ladies down Bedford Place. How better to do that than rocking the Uni tie and cufflink combo (£20 + £12.99 respectively) Of course, you have to pre-lash in style so splash out on two engraved University of Southampton Champagne flutes (£40 for the pair)

“Oh graduation bear, you bring comfort to my empty, unemployed life”

Of course, you can re-use your tie and cufflinks at graduation. Never fear, if you’re desperate for some more stash for the finale of your uni career you can pick up a tube for your degree certificate (£6.50) and an adorable graduate bear (£12) to keep you company as you cry yourself to sleep every night after realising post-graduation life is meaningless.

All products featured above are, unfortunately, real and can be found either on the University’s online store or from the SUSU box office.

Do you own any of this merchandise? Let us know in the comments, tweet us a picture @SotonTab or post it on our Facebook page